Learn how to identify the various template parts that come with a template, and know how to customize the parts before you actually replace content in those parts with your own content.
- [Instructor] When you create a new document…using a template, whether it be a page layout…or a word processing type document,…there are going to be template parts that appear,…and, of course, those are parts of the template…you can customize.…That's what we're going to talk about in this movie.…In the last movie, we started this new document…using one of the poster templates.…So if you're catching up,…just go up to File, down to New,…go to the Flyers & Posters section here…and choose Photo Poster Small.…When you click Choose, you'll have what I have,…and that is a brand new document…with a number of template parts that we can adjust…and use to replace with our own content.…
Let's start up here at the top with this nice looking photo.…Obviously, as beautiful as it is,…it's not the photo that we're going to end up using.…You may want to use something…that's going to stand out exactly that shape and size…and position on the page,…or you may want to make adjustments to the layout.…That's what we're going to focus on in this movie,…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.