Learn how to find and insert special characters that don't appear on the keyboard, such as math symbols, emojis, and character-like symbols such as copyright and trademark symbols. Also discover how to add the symbols you use most often to your favorites.
- [Instructor] When typing in text here in a Pages…document, you may come across the scenario where…a character you need does not appear…on the keyboard itself.…Here in Pages, we call those special characters,…and there are a number of special characters…for you to choose from.…Let's see where we go to find them.…We'll continue working with our Company Bio document,…LeafAndMortarBio0303, if you're catching up.…Here on page two, in the first paragraph,…we see it starts with "Leaf & Mortar" and perhaps…every time we see "Leaf & Mortar" like this,…we should add the trademark symbol right after.…
So click after the "r" in "Leaf & Mortar."…Now look at your keyboard.…You're not going to find the TM symbol unless you have…some specialized keyboard.…Instead, we're going to go up to the Edit menu.…From here, down at the very bottom, you'll see…Emoji & Symbols and the keyboard shortcut,…Control-Command-Space.…You can remember that for next time.…But clicking this is going to up a dialog…where we can choose from many, many dozens…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.