Learn how to adjust character spacing, readability, and the overall length of your document by turning ligatures and hyphenation on or off. Discover how ligatures work and how to change the default use of ligatures for an entire document or only selected
- [Instructor] When working with text-heavy documents…here in Pages,…it's always important to consider readability,…character spacing, and the overall length of your document.…In this movie, we're going to explore a couple of factors…that can influence that.…I'm talking about ligatures and hyphenation.…We'll start with ligatures,…and we're working with our LeafAndMortarBio document 0304,…if you're catching up.…Here in the first paragraph, under Company Bio,…let's zoom in.…Click the zoom dropdown and select 300%.…
I'm going to scroll over so you can see, for example,…here in the second line of this paragraph,…where it says since its inception,…the t and the i appear to be linked together…as a single character,…and if I click to the right of the i…and use my cursor key to move between the t and the i,…you can see it really does flash in between,…but it looks like it's a single character.…It is really two characters.…Same thing down below.…You can see…designer with an exceptional eye,…the t and the i there also joined together,…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.