Learn how to set up a document or section to display the same content at the top or bottom of every page using headers and footers, and enable automatic page numbering where you want it.
- [Instructor] If you have content that needs…to appear repeatedly across the top…or bottom of every page in a document,…or maybe just in a section,…including page numbering,…you'll want to know how to use headers and footers.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our LeafAndMortarBio document 0502,…if you're catching up.…Let's start by making sure we're all seeing the same thing,…so let's go to the left-hand side.…If you don't see the Page thumbnails,…just go up to the View menu…and click Show Page Thumbnails.…It'll say Hide Page Thumbnails if they're already showing,…and we'll go to the first page, which is blank.…
This is what we're reserving for our cover page.…When we select it here,…we see a yellow border around that one thumbnail.…That tells us that is a section all onto its own,…that's section one.…If we click the thumbnail page,…representing page two here down below,…you can see that yellow border actually goes around…all the rest of the pages, or thumbnails,…indicating section two is made up of the rest…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.