Learn how to insert content that will automatically update as you continue to work with your document using the number of pages in a section, and the current date and time fields.
- [Instructor] Here, in Pages, there are fields…that you can add to your documents…that will automatically add information…that's being stored with your document…and your computer system.…For example, in an earlier movie,…we went into the header and added page numbering.…Pages automatically knows what page you're on…and puts the number there, you don't have to type it in.…There's a couple of other ones…we're going to explore in this movie…with our Leaf & Mortar Bio document,…0504, if you're catching up.…For example, you might want to insert the current date…or even inform people of the number of pages,…say, in a section.…
Let's go down to the bottom of our last page here…where we see Contact Information,…and just click down below that.…And I'm going to hit Return to leave a little bit of space…and type in, how about, Document Information.…There we go, press Return,…and we'll type in something like…Number of Pages in This Section.…Put in a colon and a space, hit Return.…How about Last Updated On and then a colon and a space.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.