Learn how to find text content using the find feature, match case, and also find content to be replaced with other content, and choose to replace one at a time, or all at once.
- [Instructor] When you need to locate specific text…in a document, especially a longer document here in Pages,…it can be very time consuming searching on your own…page by page, line by line.…So instead you might want to save some time using…Pages builtin Find and even Replace functionality…which we're going to explore in this movie…as we continue working with our LeafAndMortarBio document,…0308 if you're catching up.…Let's say we know somewhere in this document is…information on hardscaping.…Well we're going to use the Find feature to locate that…way faster than we could on our own.…
Let's go to the Edit menu, click there,…move down to Find.…Just hover over that, you'll see a side menu pop up…and there's Find on the right.…Command F is the keyboard shortcut going forward.…You'll see Find Next and Previous here as well,…but when we open up the find dialog by clicking Find,…we'll see buttons for Next and Previous as well.…So go ahead.…Now here in Find and Replace, you may see a single field…like I do with a cursor flashing waiting for you to type in…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.