Learn how to customize the view in Pages to suit your personal needs, such as showing or hiding elements like thumbnails and rulers, or using Pages' full screen view vs. your own custom full screen view.
- [Narrator] Before we start creating…and modifying our own documents here in Pages,…you should know about some of the different view options…so you can turn things on or off…to suit your own personal needs.…So we're going to explore some of them now.…Last thing we did was to close up…the files we were working on.…We're going to reopen the original Leaf and Morder bio…documents so let's go up to File here.…We can now go down to Open Recent…to find LeafAndMorderBio.pages.…If you're skipping to this movie you'll find it…in the chapter 1 folder of your exercise files.…
Now we already know that we can change the zoom level…and there are some view options from this drop down.…For example, some people like to see page…thumbnails down the left hand side.…It's an easy way to jump from page to page if you want.…Other people don't like it, clicking the view drop down…allows you to now choose Hide Page Thumbnails.…But there's some other things down below…like rulers and comments and word counts.…Let's hide page thumbnails…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.