Learn how to use the Instant Alpha tool to select a color or group of similar colors to make transparent in an image; in effect, removing portions of the image such as the background.
- [Instructor] Continuing with the image tools…you have built right into Pages,…we're going to explore a very cool one…that allows you to remove the background in an image,…it's called Instant Alpha,…and we're going to use our Leaf & Mortar Bio…document we've been building, 0703, if you're catching up.…We're here on the third thumbnail,…which is actually page two of our document…where we see, under Team,…an image of Anthony Luis Salvador.…We're going to zoom in by clicking the zoom drop-down…and going all the way up to 300,…and then we'll just scroll down to see that image.…
It might be nicer if we could…remove some of the background here…behind the image of Anthony himself.…To do that, we select the image,…and then we go over here, with Format selected,…looking at the inspector, and the Image tab selected,…you'll notice, down below, a button labeled Instant Alpha.…Click that.…Now, this opens up this little dialog down below.…We can click a single color to make it transparent…or click and drag to get similar colors.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.