Learn how to locate autocorrecting substitution settings, turn substitution features on or off, and access text settings of your system preferences from within Pages to create keyboard shortcuts.
- [Instructor] As you're typing away here…in your Pages document,…you may notice some funny things happening.…For example, you know you made a typo,…you go back to fix it, and it's already fixed for you.…Or perhaps you're using dashes or quotes,…and they're getting changed on you.…These are all part of the autocorrect preferences…that we're going to explore in this movie.…We'll do it with our LeafAndMortarBio document 0309,…if you're catching up.…Just going to go up to page one,…which currently is a blank page,…and just click up near the top.…We'll see our flashing cursor.…Let's test this out a little bit.…
Let's say we want to add a quote, like…my name is David.…I'm going to use the double quotes,…and you can see they're actually curved a certain way,…if you zoom in.…I'm going to zoom in…so you can see this a little bit better, to 200%.…All right, My name is David.…Now I'm going to hit the same key on the keyboard…for double quotes, and they're curved the other way.…This is what we call smart quotes,…and they're turned on automatically.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.