Learn how to turn images in a document into media placeholders, and turn text into placeholder text before saving the document as a template to be used going forward.
- [Instructor] When you use a template…to create a new document,…but the template's not exactly what you need…and you make adjustments,…such as the size of the image,…maybe the columns in the text box,…like we did in this chapter,…this may be a layout or format…you'd like to continue using…moving forward with future documents.…In that case, you'll want to create your own template…out of what you've created here,…and that's exactly what we're going to do in this movie.…We're going to do it with our Leaf & Mortar…poster we've been building.…If you're catching up, open up LandMPoster0604…and you'll have what I have.…
So, first of all, we need to understand placeholders.…Moving forward, if we want to be able…to use this as a template, these need to be placeholders.…Now, the image itself, go ahead and click it.…If you see the X's around the outside,…that means it's locked and you can click Unlock.…As soon as it's unlocked,…we can now go up to the Format menu, down to Advanced,…to see if it is actually still a placeholder, and it is.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.