Learn how to rename an existing style, delete a style you don't need in the document, and make a document's set of styles available for future documents by creating a new template.
- [Instructor] When you start overriding and updating…the formatting in an existing style,…or creating your own new styles,…everything you're doing is for the document…you're working on.…That means if you want to use those same styles…and that same formatting in another document,…those styles won't exist when you go to create it.…Now there was a time when you could import styles…here in Pages.…That's long gone, but there is a workaround…that we're going to talk about in this movie,…along with how to rename your styles,…even delete them if you're not using them.…
We'll do it while working with our…LeafAndMortarBio document, 0404 if you're catching up.…If we go to the Styles drop-down you can see…all of the styles that come with this document,…including the one we created in the previous movie,…Name and Title Heading, including the Caption style…that we updated in another movie earlier on…in this chapter.…Now look what happens when we go up to File,…and go down to New, or use Command + N,…and create a new blank document.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.