Learn how to override a style's formatting for selected text as well as overriding and updating formatting for a style to be applied to all content throughout a document where that style is used.
- [Narrator] When you apply a paragraph style…to content in your Pages document,…the entire paragraph is affected.…And, you can save a lot of time…in formatting your documents using styles,…but there will be occasions when you want…to override the formatting and the style.…For example, you've selected a style…for a paragraph, but there's a few words…in the paragraph that you want to manipulate,…and format differently,…and override the formatting that comes with the style.…Other occasions you may want to override the formatting…for a style, and see that updated throughout the document,…wherever the style is used.…
That's where we're going to explore in this movie,…with our Leaf and Mortar bio document,…0402 if you're catching up.…If we go into the title here,…we see company bio at the top.…Over here with Format selected…in the top right corner,…and the Style tab selected here in the Inspector,…we see that we're using the Title style.…The asterisk is telling us that there's…some type of additional formatting…that overrides the default title style.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.