Learn how to browse to and open an existing file, make a simple change to that file, save the changes to a new copy of that file, and close up the file when you're done.
- [Instructor] It's time now to explore…some of the basics of working with a Pages document,…opening, editing, saving, and closing a document.…Let's do that first by relaunching Pages.…I'm going to go to the dock to select it from there.…From the dialog now, we can navigate…to the Chapter One Folder of the exercise files…where we find Leaf and Mortar Bio.…It's a Pages document.…With it selected, we can now click open,…and we'll be opening that document.…So here we see a logo at the top,…the company bio down below, and team members…at Leaf and Mortar.…
So it's a multiple page document.…We can scroll through with our mouse…or use the scroll bar, however you like.…If we make a change to this document,…I want you to see what happens up here in the title.…Notice Leaf and Mortar Bio, Pages document…appears with a little dropdown arrow,…but as soon as we come in here,…and let's say we wanted to center Company Bio,…just select it, and now going over to the Inspector…with the Format tab selected,…we can see text down below.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.