Learn how to have Pages automatically number and format footnotes you insert to reference or credit other works, people, places, or things that need to be referenced in your document.
- [Instructor] If you use Pages to write certain types…of documents where you are required to reference…and give credit where credit is due,…such as another author, a book, an article,…a person, place, or thing, you might want to use footnotes.…As opposed to entering this information yourself,…you can let Pages take care of it for you.…It's much more efficient.…We're going to go to page three here…of our Leaf and Mortar bio document, 0506,…if you're catching up.…
Now let's just scroll down here to the last paragraph…regarding Gina Draper.…You can see that she had worked as an…educational horticulturalist at Portland State University.…So let's say we wanted to reference…Portland State University.…There it is, those three words down below,…and we want to add the reference…down at the bottom as a footnote.…Well, all you do is click in front…of what you want to reference.…In this case, in front of the P in Portland,…and go to insert and select footnote.…
By doing this, you're going to see something…happen in two places.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.