Learn how to create a new chart in a Pages document using data from another source, such as a spreadsheet created in Numbers. Also learn how to customize the chart.
- [Instructor] At some point, you may wish to create a chart…in your Pages document using data that's not already there.…It may exist elsewhere though, such as in a spreadsheet…using Excel or Numbers for example.…That's a scenario we're going to explore…in this movie with our Leaf and Mortar Bio document,…0904 if you're catching up.…Here on thumbnail seven which is page six in our document,…we're going to remove the chart that's here,…the pie chart we created earlier.…Just click once and hit your Delete key on the keyboard.…We're also going to remove the table…because we're going to get our data from elsewhere.…
Click once on your table, hit your Delete key,…you're left with the title Financial Data 2017 at the top.…Just click under that.…That's where we want to insert our new chart.…But our new chart is going to use data…from a Numbers spreadsheet.…So, if you have Numbers go ahead and launch it.…And open up this file, ProfitSheet0904.…You'll find that in the Chapter9 folder…of your exercise files.…And what we want to use for the chart…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.