Learn how to apply custom formatting options to an entire table as well as to selected cells, such as customizing borders, fills, data formats, and text options.
- [Instructor] When working with tables here…in a pages document, the most likely order…you're going to follow is inserting the table,…selecting one of the table styles…for a head start as we did in an earlier movie.…Add your content and then consider some custom formatting…which is where we're at now with our…Leaf and Mortar Bio document, 0804.…This way when we start formatting…rows, columns, and cells, we'll be able to see…what it looks like with actual data.…So let's go to our table, just click anywhere in the table,…you'll see the entire table's selected.…
You can tell by the handles around the outside.…Now we can go to the Inspector…with the Table tab selected here under Format.…You can see those table styles that we had the option…of choosing earlier on.…And we can switch to these with a click.…You can see what it looks like here.…By clicking this option, we see some banded rows,…shades of gray.…We can go to another one.…Now, some of the columns and header rows,…and footers for example, don't exist in our table,…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.