Learn how to export a copy of your Pages document to the read-only format known as PDF, or Portable Document Format. Also learn how to view the exported PDF version of your document using Preview on a Mac.
- [Instructor] A Pages document is an electronic document.…So if you wanted to share your Pages document…with others, you could send it via email…as an attachment for example.…Not everybody uses Pages, however.…So if you wanted to share your finished document…for people to read regardless of whether they have…Pages or not, you might consider saving it to…a read only format that everyone's going to be able…to read, whether they're on a Mac or a Windows computer,…and that version is PDF or Portable Document Format.…
Of course, here in Pages, you can save to PDF.…That's what we're going to do with…our Leaf and Mortar bio document,…Leaf and Mortar bio final.…It's the only file we're working with in this chapter.…Just go up to file, and from here,…we want to export this to a different format.…So when you go down to Export To,…you'll see right at the top, there it is, PDF,…Portable Document Format.…It's an Adobe format that can be viewed…using a free viewer that you can download…on your Windows PC.…
It also can be previewed here on a Mac…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.