Learn how to recognize the differences between word processing document templates and page layout document templates from the template chosen, and understand the different placeholders that come with each.
- [Instructor] In this chapter we're going to dive…a little bit deeper into templates,…because they can give you a nice head start,…and there are two major types of templates…that we're going to discuss.…You need to understand the differences between the two,…and we're going to do it by closing up…anything that we're working on.…You can save your changes and go up to File,…and choose New, or Command + N.…You'll get the template chooser that I see here…on my screen.…We saw this earlier when we went…to create a new blank document.…And down the left-hand side we see a number…of different categories for different types…of documents we might want to create.…
There was a time in Pages where you would see…these categories broken up into two main sections,…word processing, and page layout.…Those are the two main types of documents…you can create here in Pages.…A word processing document is kind of…what we've been working with, where we have body text,…maybe headers and footers for example.…Page layout style documents do not use body text…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.