Learn how to access the sample chart data that comes with a chart you insert in a document, and edit that data, either manually or by copying and pasting existing data from a table.
- [Narrator] When you add a chart to your Pages document…using the Chart function here in Pages,…it automatically displays sample data.…Of course, you'll want to replace…that sample data with your own,…and that's what we're going to do in this movie…with our LeafAndMortarBio document,…0902 if you're catching up.…Down below, we see on the legend…the sample data or series which are months…from April to September.…We don't see the values in this chart, just percentages.…And these are things we're going to adjust…as we add our own data.…
Our data already appears on the page.…Let's keep that in mind.…We see the different services and their revenues.…That's what we want to compare, each on their own row.…Keep that in mind as we go into our chart…to edit the data.…First, we'll select the chart.…And then you'll see a button down below to edit chart data.…Click there.…This opens up a Chart Data window we can move around…so we can see things in the background.…You'll notice that the series are stretched across columns…whereas our table was down various rows.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.