Learn how to find and adjust the document settings of an existing document, start a new blank document, and change the default document settings for headers, footers, document body, and margins.
- [Facilitator] It's time now to start creating…our own documents here in Pages.…We're going to recreate the document…we've been working with so far.…You can open up LeafAndMortarBio0201a…if you're catching up.…Before we create our new document,…recreating the one that we see in front of us,…we need to understand the document settings so we can…set those up the same.…Let's check them out now by going up to the top right corner…and clicking the Document button we see here on the toolbar,…changes the inspector down below…to show Document, Section, and Bookmarks tabs.…
With Document selected, we'll see all of our…document options in settings.…For example, down below, you can see the printer I'm using.…You may see a different printer.…You may see any printer.…Click this to choose a printer that's connected,…and you can have more than one connected.…I'm going to be working with my Canon MX490.…Down below, you can see that the paper size…is what we call US Letter.…Down below, you can see the orientation is set to portrait,…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.