Learn how to generate a table of contents by using styles to format headings, choose the styles to be used in the search for table of contents entries, and format a table of contents once added.
- [Instructor] Sometimes, especially with longer documents,…you may want to create a table of contents.…It'll help your readers find things…that they're looking for in your document,…and if they're viewing it electronically,…they can even link to those pages automatically.…So that's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our LeafAndMortarBio document,…0507 if you're catching up.…First thing you should know, if you're going to let Pages…create the table of contents for you,…it's going to search for formatting.…In other words, if you have headings,…subheadings, titles, they can all be used…in the search for a table of contents.…
Of course, Pages will also add the page number…where it finds those things,…so let's go to page five here in our document.…That's thumbnail five, page four officially,…and click anywhere in the title Leaf And Mortar Services.…You can see it's using the subtitle style.…If we scroll up to the previous page,…you can see the last name on the team and click in there,…that's the style we created, the name style.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.