Learn how to turn on Track Changes to track comments you add to a document as well as any additions or deletions you might make. Also learn how to receive a document with changes to accept or reject changes made by others.
- [Instructor] If you're going to be sharing…your documents with others so they can collaborate…on that document, you might want to use Track Changes.…It's going to keep track…of where changes are made in your document,…who made those changes,…and you'll have the ability, as the owner of the document,…to choose whether or not to accept or reject those changes.…Let's see how it works here…working with our Leaf and Mortar Bio document.…You can see Leaf and Mortar Bio Final…is the file we've been working with.…And if we wanted to mark this up…before we send it off to someone,…we would have to turn Track Changes on.…
We do that from the Edit menu.…Go up there to Edit and you'll see Track Changes.…It's a toggle.…So when we select it here, we're actually turning it on,…and we know it's on because this new bar…appears across the top of our page.…Now you can see that comments and changes will be tracked…and we can move through them, navigating with the arrows.…There's a little plus sign here…if we wanted to add a comment…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.