Learn how to access spelling and grammar checking functionality as well as access and change spelling and grammar checking options.
- [Instructor] Any application that allows…you to type will most likely include a spell checker,…maybe even a grammar checker.…And of course, that's the case here in Pages…so we're going to spend a little bit of time…exploring some of the options when it comes…to spelling and grammar.…We're going to do it with Leaf and Mortar document…we've been building.…Leaf and mortar bio 0307 if you're catching up.…We left off here on page four.…Let's experiment a little bit with the defaults.…I'm going to go to this Landscape Design paragraph.…
Double click the word with and let's take it out…with the delete key.…And in fact we'll take out the space as well.…All the sudden, we've got two words running into each other…and it gets underlined in red indicating…this is a word not recognized in the dictionary.…So it could be a typo or it could simply be a word…like a proper name that's not in the dictionary.…In this case, it's two words together.…Let's hit the space bar.…That disappears.…Now let's type in the word with,…but we'll type it incorrectly.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.