Learn how to recognize paragraph formatting from character formatting, and apply both types of formatting to existing text content in your documents.
- [Instructor] As you add more and more content…to your pages document, you may be thinking…about making it look nice,…more pleasing to the eye.…There's two types of formatting…that can be applied here in pages.…Character formatting and paragraph formatting…which we're going to explore in this movie…using our leaf and mortar bio document…we've been building.…LeafAndMortarBio0301.…Right we're going to start with paragraph formatting…and we're going to apply it right up here at the top…where we see company bio.…
Paragraph formatting means you don't have…to select the paragraph to format it,…you just have to click anywhere in the paragraph…and a paragraph is defined by the content…that's entered ending with a hard return.…That's where somebody hits enter or return on the keyboard.…Let's go up to the view menu, we've seen this before…and select show invisibles.…This allows us to see where hard returns were entered,…in other words somebody hit the return key…on the keyboard like after company bio.…
After landscaping, there's a blank line…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.