Learn how to apply a keyboard shortcut key to an existing style, change the keyboard shortcut key to another key, and remove the keyboard shortcut.
- [Instructor] If you like to work with styles…in your Pages documents…and you're a fan of keyboard shortcuts,…did you know you can combine the two?…That's right, you can assign styles…to a keyboard shortcut key…that will save you a lot of time moving forward,…especially with the styles you use over and over again.…How do we do it?…Let's check it out with our Leaf & Mortar Bio document,…0405, if you're catching up.…We have a number of different styles.…For example, when we go down to the word Team,…you can see that's the Heading 2 style.…And then when we go down to the first name,…that's the Name and Title Heading style…that we created in an earlier movie.…
And if we wanted to create keyboard shortcuts for these two,…if we use them over and over again,…all you do is go to the drop-down arrow…up here in the inspector,…go down to the style that you want to apply…the keyboard shortcut to,…and click the arrow that appears off to the right.…We'll start with our Name and Title Heading style.…Click there, go down to Shortcut,…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.