Learn how to use pagination and break options to keep lines of text together in a paragraph as well as keep certain paragraphs together on the same page when needed.
- [Instructor] In this chapter we're going to shift our…focus to the layout of your document,…and we're going to start in this movie by discussing…pagination, breaks, and some other tidbits to help…keep text together where it should be kept together.…We're going to continue working with our Company Bio…document LeafAndMortarBio0501 if you're skipping to…this movie or catching up.…As we scroll down to the bottom of Page 2 here…you can see we have a paragraph about Ailene McDott.…There's information that runs out of room at the…bottom of the page.…
We turned hyphenation on earlier,…and it continues onto the next page.…And, that's just a default.…When you run out of room,…whether you're typing or adding content,…it automatically adds a new page for you…so you can continue.…But in some cases you want to keep paragraphs together.…Well, the one thing that you never want to see…is a single line,…let's say the end of a paragraph at the top of the next page…or the beginning of a paragraph at the bottom of a page…and the rest of it down below.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.