Learn how to add template parts to a document, customize the part (text box), and then save the document as a template, replacing the previous version of that template with the updated version.
- [Instructor] When you create a new Document…from a Template here in Pages it comes with Template parts,…Placeholders for Images, Text,…but you're not limited to those Placeholders…you can add your own to the Document…or even to the Document you plan on saving as a Template.…So moving forward,…you have that extra Template part that you need.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our Leaf & Mortar poster we've been building,…LandMPoster0605, if you're catching up.…I'm going to start by going to the left-hand border here,…with the double arrow click and drag all the way…to the left, same thing on the right,…just to stretch out my window here…to fill the entire screen.…
It allows me to focus on the content.…Now, this is Document we created and saved as a Template…but it's still the Document we're working with.…We're going to save it as a Template…but with an extra Template part.…Let's say for example we want Text showing up…under the image, here, where people can type in the name…of the image or give credit if they need to.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.