Learn how to enter table formulas and functions to calculate numeric data in a table, and copy and paste those formulas and functions to other cells using relative addressing.
- [Instructor] Pages is not numbers…and it's not Microsoft Excel,…but it does have some built-in functionality…for calculating numbers using formulas and functions.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our financial data table we built…here in our Leaf and Mortar bio document 0805…if you're catching up.…For example, at the bottom of the revenue and cost column…we might want to see totals down there.…Well instead of pulling out your calculator…and doing it yourself,…you can use functionality built into a table…here and Pages to do it for you.…
So let's start right here in column B Row 8,…click once selects the table,…click again to get inside the cell.…Now if you've worked with formulas…you would know how to start it…and type it in.…At the beginning however, you may not be familiar…with the different functions and formulas…and how to enter them.…So all you need to remember…is to start with the equals sign equals.…Hit equals on the keyboard…and some things start to happen.…First of all in the cell you can see the cursor…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.