Learn how to add new pages to a document using page breaks, and also add new pages in their own sections using section breaks. Discover the difference between the two and the advantages to one over the other.
- [Facilitator] One concept that will be important…to understand when working with documents here in Pages…is that document pages and sections are created for you,…and you can create your own page breaks and section breaks,…You'll see why they're important as we continue working…with our LeafAndMortarBio document we've been building.…LeafAndMortarBio0202, if you're catching up.…The first thing I'd like to do is go up to the View menu…and Show Page Thumbnails.…Go ahead and give that a click.…
You can see over here on the left hand side,…thumbnail representation of the two pages…that we can click to navigate our document.…Also notice when you select a thumbnail,…a yellow border has appeared around the outside of…both of our thumbnails.…That's going to tell you that both pages are a part…of the same section.…When you create a brand new document as we did,…a new section is created,…and as you add new pages, whether you add them yourself…or simply run out of room and a new page…gets created for you down below,…those new pages are part of the same section…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.