Affinity Designer comes with a selection of useful shapes that you can use without having to create them from scratch. All special vector shape provided are customizable and can be converted to curves for additional editing. In this movie, I will show you how to use and manipulate special shapes.
- [Voiceover] Many special shapes are hard…to create by hand.…But luckily for us, Affinity Designer comes with…a selection of useful shapes that you could use…without having to create them from scratch.…All special vector shapes provided are customizable…and can be converted to curves for additional editing.…So, let's take a quick look at some special shapes.…To add a special shape to your scene,…you need to click on the Special Shape tool,…select the special shape,…click and drag your shape out,…and if you hold down the shift key,…you will constrain it proportionately.…
And then if you drag this little orange handle,…you are editing the parameters that are available…to that special shape.…I'm going to go ahead and I'm going to delete that…because I've already drawn out a few special shapes here.…And we're just going to run through a few things.…Now, I've selected this special shape…but because I'm on the Move tool,…those parameters that I want to edit…are not available to me,…so I need to be in the Special Shapes tool.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces new students to the workflows and tools required to get them up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with Affinity Designer's workspaces, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. After completing this course, students will feel more confident and proficient at using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Adding layer effects and adjustment layers
- Creating new brushes
- Exporting your work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences & Guides
Setting up guides and grids2m 43s
3. Drawing Vector Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects (Draw Persona)
5. Selection Methods (Pixel Persona)
6. Working witih Effects
7. Understanding Panels
8. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.