Exporting your Affinity Designer document as a layered Photoshop document is quite easy. In this movie, I will demonstrate how the export features work and what things to watch out for in the properties settings of the export panel.
- I just wanted to go over the exporting of psd files…so that you can send your projects to someone who may be…working in Photoshop, and you can actually open psd files…in Affinity Designer.…The only caveat is text.…Text does not come over as editable text.…It comes in as pixel text, so if anything, you'll have…to recreate text in Photoshop itself, okay?…So first let's take a look at how to export it.…So here's our little project that we were working on before…that we had sliced out.…
And now I probably wanna send this over to another designer,…and they don't have Affinity Designer.…Okay, so they need to be able to make a few changes…or whatever themselves too.…So if I go to File, Export, and I select psd,…that's my export method, if you look over here,…you'll see there's two different settings.…There's one for Preserve for Accuracy…and one for Editability.…That is depending on if it's more important that it…translates things like gradients…and some of the layer effects that Affinity uses.…
Affinity doesn't do things the same way as other apps do,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces new students to the workflows and tools required to get them up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with Affinity Designer's workspaces, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. After completing this course, students will feel more confident and proficient at using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Adding layer effects and adjustment layers
- Creating new brushes
- Exporting your work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences & Guides
Setting up guides and grids2m 43s
3. Drawing Vector Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects (Draw Persona)
5. Selection Methods (Pixel Persona)
6. Working witih Effects
7. Understanding Panels
8. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.