Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Test-Driven Development in PHP with PHPUnit.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So that's it.…You should now be ready to build your applications…using test-driven development.…Understanding and using unit testing…will help you develop better software.…There are many additional courses…that can offer guidance on modern web development.…In particular, I would recommend my prior courses,…PHP: Advanced Topics…and Learn CakePHP 3: The Basics.…You can learn more about PHP through the manual at php.net.…For PHPUnit and TDD, take a look at phpunit.de…and such books as The Grumpy Programmer's PHPUnit Cookbook…and PHPUnit Essentials.…
Now that you've made it through this course,…I encourage you to build your own PHP software using TDD…and apply unit testing in your daily work.…Thanks for watching.…
- Why use unit testing?
- Writing unit tests
- Extending unit tests
- Filtering PHPUnit tests
- Building dummy objects
- Working with data providers
- Writing an exception-based test
- Using TDD tactics
- Using PHPUnit advanced tactics, such as database tests
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing PHP Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. The Basics of Test-Driven Development
2. Advanced Test-Driven Development
3. Test-Driven Development Tactics
4. PHPUnit Advanced Tactics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.