Explore the many of the advantages you gain when you follow the TDD pattern and how it can enable you to both write code faster and will less defects in your software.
- [Narrator] So what are the real advantages of developing…software using test driven development?…We've looked at some reasons for unit testing…in general before, but as a refresher,…unit testing ensures that code works correctly…now and in the future.…It adds additional documentation into what your code does.…It reduces the chance of bugs or issues.…It improves the ability for you to refactor your code.…And it helps force you to write better design code.…These are the general reasons for unit testing.…
Hopefully you've seen some of these…at this particular point, but let's explore…more specifically what behaviors TDD encourages.…All of the reasons for unit testing are magnified…with test driven development.…It doesn't change any of the core reasons…for unit testing in general.…And all of those reasons sum up to one important point,…the cost to change becomes lower.…The simple fact of the matter is when you have more tests…and more coverage, you have less defects to deal with.…Less defects means less time spent on bugs.…
- Why use unit testing?
- Writing unit tests
- Extending unit tests
- Filtering PHPUnit tests
- Building dummy objects
- Working with data providers
- Writing an exception-based test
- Using TDD tactics
- Using PHPUnit advanced tactics, such as database tests
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. The Basics of Test-Driven Development
2. Advanced Test-Driven Development
3. Test-Driven Development Tactics
4. PHPUnit Advanced Tactics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.