Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with date and time in PHP, part of Easy PHP Projects: Single-Serving Sites.
- In this chapter we'll take a look at Single-Serving sites…that answer a single question…which is based on date and time.…The classic example is, Is it Christmas yet,…but you can easily modify this…same idea for your own purposes.…So, as I said, the classic one is isitchristmas.com…and if you go to that website on any day…besides Christmas it will just say no.…That's it. The simple answered your question.…If you go there on Christmas, then it will say yes.…A variation on this…was created a few years ago when the TV show…Lost was very popular.…
It's islostarepeat.com and if you went there on a week…when that week's episode was going to be a new episode,…it would say, no it's not a repeat.…On a week that is was a repeat, it would say,…yes, it is a repeat.…Now, because the series is over, it just displays forever…because Lost is a repeat forever now.…At the beginning of this title I mentioned…whatcoloristheempirestatebuilding.com…that uses date and time in order to display…the current color of the Empire State Building…
- Finding and validating an IP address with PHP
- Parsing the HTTP request for browser details
- Comparing dates and times in PHP
- Randomizing data with PHP
- Styling page content dynamically
- Generating random sentences
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is My IP Address?
2. Browser Mirror
3. Is it New Years Yet?
4. Random Data and Styling
5. Random Phrase Generator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.