This video shows how to wire up the middleware that will store our images in the cloud.
- [Instructor] And now we'll build or last middleware.…The file move middleware.…Not surprisingly it is the hardest of the bunch…because it requires moving files…from our local system out to Amazon S3.…As a result we're going to require libraries…that we don't already have.…So in this case we'll come back to…our composer.jason file and we'll go ahead and add those.…So we want aws, aws-sdk-php and we'll take…a recent version of this.…So now we have to go back to the command line.…In our command line it's the exact same project…we've been working on all along…but now we've added a library to our composer file…so we need to use composer update.…
Once again behind the scenes it's going…to go ahead and download the aws library for us,…resolve the dependencies and drop them into our project.…Now that we have the library we can go ahead…and wire file move.…You look at file move from before,…we haven't made any changes so far…so we'll go ahead and add the library, aws/S3,…that's their storage engine, and S3Client.…That will give us access to everything on S3.…
This course begins with a simple application specification and builds it one step at a time. Each chapter includes a key concept, with examples from other public APIs, and then shows how to build it yourself with Slim. Learn about URL routing, validating input, and generating response codes and hypermedia payloads. Like any project, the first implementation may be a little messy but don't worry. The last chapter covers refactoring and what it takes to scale and support the API going forward.
- Understanding the project goals
- Setting up the database
- Adding authentication in Slim
- Using cross-framework and authentication middleware
- Creating a read-write API in Slim
- Uploading files via the API
- Adding file security
- Creating payloads and response codes in Slim
- Scaling your API
Skill Level Beginner
PHP Date and Time Essential Trainingwith David Powers4h 31m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Project Explanation and Goals
2. Authentication Options and Tradeoffs
Cross framework middleware1m 32s
3. Create a Read-Write API
4. File Uploads via API
5. Scale Your API
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.