Learn about Apache, MySQL and PHP application tiers and see an overview of how to install them on a development system.
- [Voiceover] Before I describe how to install Apache,…MySQL and PHP…on your development computer,…I'll take a few moments…to review how these software products work together…to support a web application.…Web applications are sometimes known…as multitier applications.…That's because they're built…with multiple software products or tiers.…There are four major tiers in a web applications.…The client, the web tier,…the business tier and the data tier.…The client tier is a web browser.…
The browser software is installed on the users computer,…whether that's a desktop or a laptop computer…or a mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet.…The job of the browser is to send requests to the server…and then receive and render HTML,…images, cascading style sheets and other web assets.…All modern web browsers can also execute client side code,…such as HTML markup and Java script…and in many cases, they can run plugins,…such as Flash Player, Silverlight or Java.…
All of the other tiers of the web application…are in the server environment…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.