Learn how to consume REST APIs using Guzzle, a PHP HTTP client that makes it easy to send HTTP requests and integrate with web services.
- [Justin] RESTful APIs are a way of exposing and consuming tools and resources from around the web. Hi, I'm Justin Yost, in this course, we'll explore using Guzzle to write code to consume RESTful APIs. To enable you to send emails, set up mailing lists, make payments, display maps, and charts even. In short, you'll get the tools to harness the power of tons of web software to make your life a little bit easier. I'll start by walking through some of the basics of HTTP, and REST APIs, and we'll walk through installing Guzzle and sending out our first request.
We'll then learn to make more complicated requests, and process the responses we get back. We'll then finish with learning the latest standards in PHP for dealing with HTTP messages, which is PSR7. And finally, you'll learn some of the basics of running unit tests with your Guzzle code. So let's get started playing with some APIs.
- Installing Guzzle
- Sending basic requests
- Sending asynchronous requests
- Sending concurrent requests
- Sending query data
- Sending request data
- Advanced Guzzle request options
- Reviewing basic Guzzle responses
- Processing response headers
- Reviewing PSR-7 requests, responses, bodies, and headers