Learn how to install and configure Apache, MySQL, and PHP, known collectively as the AMP stack, on a local development computer. Windows, macOS, and Linux scenarios are each covered.
- [Instructor] My name is David Gassner. Welcome to this course on installing the Apache HTTP server, the MySQL database server, and PHP the MySQL database server, and PHP on your development computer. In this introductory course, I describe a number of ways to set up a local AMP instillation, including using separate components on Mac OS focusing on the most recent version Sierra, on Microsoft Windows, and on Ubuntu Linux. I'll then show you some popular prebuilt software bundles, including WampServer for Windows and MAMP for Mac OS.
I'll then offer some tips about common tasks and trouble shooting, covering issues that are reported most commonly by PHP developers. We update this course periodically as these software products evolve, doing our best to make sure that the course reflects what you see when you do your own installation. I hope that the course helps you get started quickly and easily with Apache, MySQL, and PHP. get started quickly and easily with Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.