Learn about the new features, improvements, and changes in PHP 7, including type declarations, new operators, and anonymous classes.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to PHP 7 New Features. My name is Kevin Skoglund. In this course we will take a look at PHP Version Seven to learn all about its new features. We will learn how to use the most important features of PHP 7 including type declarations, the combined comparison operator, the null coalescing operator, and anonymous classes. We will discuss the many other smaller changes and improvements, such as assigning arrays to constants, unicode code points, and catchable errors. And finally, we will survey the old, unused features that are being deprecated or completely removed.
Let's get started, learning about the new features in PHP 7.
- Scalar type and return type declarations
- New operators in PHP 7
- Anonymous classes
- Arrays as constants
- Catchable exceptions and errors
- Integer division with intdiv()
- Deprecations and deletions