These quick and easy PHP projects help you build password generators and password strength meters for more secure sites and applications.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Easy PHP Projects: Password Utilities. My name is Kevin Skoglund. This course is part of the Easy PHP Projects series. These courses are designed to present projects that require only basic PHP knowledge. The course projects can be completed in a short amount of time, which allows you to start and stop as your schedule allows. In this course, we will use PHP to create utilities for generating passwords and for rating the strength of a password. We will learn about character sets and picking random elements.
We will add HTML forms to allow users to choose options for generating a password. We will create more easily remembered passwords by reading from a dictionary of common words. We will first learn about what makes a strong password, and then go on to create a password strength meter that can rate the relative strength of a password. Let's get started creating some easy PHP projects.
- Building a randomized string with PHP
- Allowing password configuration
- Choosing random words from a dictionary
- Picking words of specific lengths
- Creating a rating function to rate password strength
- Using CSS to display a color-coded strength meter