Learn how to load, extract, and manipulate data from XML documents with the SimpleXML extension for PHP.
- View Offline
- Hi, I'm David Powers. Welcome to Up and Running with PHP SimpleXML. We'll start with a quick overview and discuss why SimpleXML should probably be your first choice for most tasks. SimpleXML provides direct access to XML elements and attributes by name. After extracting values from a basic XML document, we'll look at working with name spaces, which SimpleXML handles with ease. It's equally capable of sophisticated XML manipulation, as you'll discover when we use it in combination with XPath, and with the standard PHP library to filter data.
You'll learn how to display images from an RSS feed, how to generate XML documents from scratch, and how to format them. SimpleXML offers an intuitive approach to reading and writing XML. So join me, and you'll be up and running with PHP SimpleXML in next to no time.
- Loading an XML document
- Converting values to strings
- Handling errors
- Working with XML namespaces
- Using XPath
- Consuming an RSS feed with XML
- Adding and editing XML elements and attributes