Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Variables, part of PHP Essential Training.
- Our exploration of the PHP programming language…is going to begin with an exploration…of the different structures or types…that we can use while writing PHP,…and the first of those…that we're going to look at are variables.…Now, if you've done programming before,…then you're familiar with what a variable is,…but if you haven't let me start by explaining…that a variable is a symbolic representation of a value.…You can think of it as a symbol…that refers to something,…and that's going to make a lot more sense…once we actually start using them.…But, as its name suggests,…it can change over time, or vary.…It has a variable value,…because it can point to different values.…
Now in PHP, there are some rules about the kinds of names…that we can give to variables…They need to start with a dollar sign…that needs to be followed by…either a letter or an underscore.…They contain letters, numbers, underscores, or dashes.…They cannot contain any spaces,…and they are case sensitive.…It makes a difference whether we use an uppercase letter…
- What is PHP?
- Embedding PHP code on a page
- Inserting code comments
- Variables, strings, arrays, and Booleans
- If, else, and elseif statements
- While and for loops
- User-defined functions
- Function arguments and return values
- Debugging and troubleshooting
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. First Steps
3. Explore Data Types
4. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
5. Control Structures: Loops
6. User-Defined Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.