Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a PSR-4 class autoloader, part of PHP: Managing Persistent Sessions.
- To control persistent sessions…and automatic log in,…each page needs to load the three class definitions…and the persistent properties trait…on the Foundatationphp Sessions folder.…Rather than use include commands,…it's more convenient to use an autoloader script.…Now the script that we're going to use…is this one, Psr4AutoloaderClass.php,…which you can find in the test includes folder.…
If you're not familiar with Psr4,…it's a PHP standard recommendation…agreed by the PHP Framework Interop Group.…Which consists of representatives…of about 40 major PHP frameworks…including Drupal, Symfony, and Zend.…This page on the php-fig website,…describes the autoloader.…The autoloader relies on each class…and trait definition being in a separate file…with a case-sensitive name that corresponds…to the name of the class or trait.…
The files must also be in the directory structure…that maps the namespace in a case-sensitive fashion.…Following this structure makes it possible…to load classes and traits automatically…simply by registering the base directory…
- Configuring sessions
- Inspecting how session data is stored
- Implementing persistent sessions
- Creating a SQL database to store session data
- Implementing the PHP SessionHandlerInterface
- Writing session data
- Closing and destroying sessions
- Creating an auto-login system with persistent sessions
- Creating persistent logins
- Checking out visitor credentials
- Authenticating users
- Logging out users selectively
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Accessing Databases with PDO and MySQLiwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Sessions and Security
2. Preparing the Database
Connecting to the database5m 49s
3. Storing Session Data in MySQL
4. Creating an Autologin System
5. Testing the Autologin System
Final thoughts3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.