Views are what is presented to the user. While there are many formats (HTML, XML, JSON, PDF, images, plain text, etc.), this video focuses on the most used ones, which are HTML and JSON. The views are what the browser will end up rendering so as to give functionality to your application or to build a GUI that the end user will be able to interact with.
- [Instructor] Views are the visual…component of the application,…in the model view controller context,…it's what the user will see rendered as html on the browser.…Views should have as little logic as possible.…The application logic should be contained in the controller.…And the business logic should be contained in the models.…So far we've seen views in a general way.…Let's go a bit further, explaining how to pass values to it,…and how we can access the data inside the view.…
For now, let's fake our data with an array.…Let's add a client array to the client controller,…and pass it to the view.…So I'm going to resource this folder…on the exercise files for this course,…we have a client underscore array dot txt file.…Let's open it up, and let's copy these two arrays.…We're going to copy them into the clients controller.…Line 13, we paste and we're going…to add the keyword private,…so we can access it from anywhere in the class.…
Private, so I noticed when I copied the data…that this is not a single quote,…so let's change it to a single quote,…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.