In this video, you will use the PHP form you created previously to read the form parameters, and use them to construct an SQL UPDATE statement and send it to the database.
- [Presenter] In this movie, we'll learn to use…submitted form data in order to update records…in the database.…First, let's remind ourselves…what an SQL update statement looks like.…We have update, and then table,…and then we use set, followed by each column,…and the value we want to provide for that column.…That's different than what we did with an insert statement.…Here, the columns and their values…are paired up using equals signs,…and commas in between them.…And then, in this case you can see…that I'm also providing where ID equals one,…because I'm targeting a specific row in the database…for my update.…
So we'll be constructing an update query,…that looks like that,…and then we'll pass it in to my SQL I query.…SQL update, can update multiple records at once,…but usually for crud,…we're going to be targeting a single record,…like you just saw in that example.…When we do that, we're going to need to make sure…that we have a primary key,…so that we can identify the record.…And the primary key we're using is the subject's ID,…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.