URL parameters allow passing information between pages via a URL. In this video, you will learn how to add parameters to the URL and how to use PHP to read those parameters.
- [Narrator] In this movie, we'll learn send…a value from one page to the next by using URL parameters.…This can also be referred to as query parameters.…The URL parameters are the part of the URL…which comes after the question mark.…The format is always name of the parameter,…then an equal sign and then the value of the parameter,…so here we have page equals two.…URL parameters generally modify…the behavior of the code used for the response,…so, in this example, the same PHP code…would be run, but its behavior would probably be…modified, so that it return the second page of results.…
You can send more than one URL parameter…by using an ampersand in-between them.…Here you I have category equals seven and page equals three.…If you surf around on sites like Google and Amazon,…you'll see many examples of URL parameters being used.…URL parameters are useful, because they allow us…to pass data from one page to another via links.…When a new page request is received,…PHP is automatically going to take all of those URL parameters…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.