While you may use HTML and PHP to create our views, Symfony comes with Twig, a very powerful templating engine. Learn how Twig removes logic from the views and also allows you to inherit reusable elements on the view, such as a header or a footer. It also comes with some powerful tools such as filters and also allows us to include other templates.
- [Instructor] One of the most useful assets…about Symphony, and most frameworks for that matter,…is the ability to create a layout.…What do I mean by a layout?…Well, I mean dividing our design regions into files.…For example, header, footer, and main content window.…The idea is to get our views as clean as possible,…and to repeat as little code as we can.…So far, we already had a layout formed out for you,…but in our real life scenario,…we would at some point have to create…our own layout from scratch.…
I went ahead and removed everything…from the layout to create one from scratch.…Let's open our files for this exercise.…The first thing we're going to do…is create two missing routes on…the client's controller.…So, let's open the client's controller,…and add these missing routes.…So to modify, we'll just copy this from the…show index method, paste it on the show details method,…and change the view that we're going to render,…this case form, and let's do the same one…for the one below.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.