Removing the individual AMP components from Windows, uninstalling both Apache and PHP, is pretty straightforward. Learn how in this video, including uninstalling Apache service configurations and some of the complexities to removing MySQL from the installation.
- [Instructor] If you want to remove…the individual components from Windows,…uninstalling both Apache and PHP is pretty straight forward.…We extracted them from zip files…so you just need to delete them.…If you're running Apache as a Windows service,…you should first uninstall it.…I'll go to my command prompt as Admin,…then I'll switch to my Apache bin directory,…and I'll type httpd-k, uninstall.…That uninstalls the service and then I can simply…delete the Apache and PHP directories.…
MySQL is another story, though.…If you want to uninstall MySQL, you're first impulse…might be to go to the control panel,…to the uninstall a program console,…and then do the uninstalls from there.…And sure enough, you'll find entries for MySQL Server,…and for MySQL Workbench, but you'll also see…MySQL Installer there.…And it turns out that this application has been left over.…It's been installed for you and it can handle…the uninstall process a lot more elegantly…than it will be handled from the uninstall pane…of the control panel.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.