Learn how to turn off the pre-installed Apache and PHP versions that ship on macOS if other versions of the servers are desired. Additionally, learn how to completely uninstall MySQL on Mac using Terminal commands.
- [Instructor] If you want to use…a different AMP stack on Mac OS,…you'll need to deactivate Apache and PHP,…and uninstall MySQL.…Deactivating Apache and PHP is as simple…as stopping the Apache server.…From the command line, type sudo,…then apachectl, and stop.…And now that server is stopped…and you can use any other copy of Apache…or another HTTP server that's going to…listen on port 80.…Uninstalling MySQL though, is a little bit more complex.…
First, before you try to do anything,…make sure that you've stopped the server.…Go to System Preferences, to the MySQL pane…and click the Stop button.…You're prompted for your password, type it in,…and then verify that MySQL has completely stopped.…You should also make sure that…you aren't running MySQL Workbench.…That will ensure that you don't have…any MySQL clients running.…Now, the process of uninstalling…takes a number of commands, but I've made that…a little bit easier by including those commands…in a text file that's in the Exercise Files.…
I'll select and copy all these commands to the clipboard.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.