Learn how to successfully uninstall MAMP on macOS, including deletion of the subdirectory hierarchy and the two important steps required to ensure a successful deletion and tips for backing up the htdocs root folder prior to uninstalling.
- [Instructor] In order to uninstall MAMP,…you just have to follow a few steps.…First, open the application…and make sure that you've shut off all the servers.…If you're prompted for your administrative password,…type it in,…and then verify that you don't see any green indicators…in the top-right corner of this dialog.…Now, close MAMP down,…and then go to your applications directory.…Locate your MAMP directory,…and then if you're still storing your htdocs directory,…that is your web documents directory here,…copy and paste it to somewhere else on your hard disk,…or just drag it elsewhere.…
So for example, I'll make a copy of this…and paste it to my desktop.…Now you're ready to uninstall MAMP,…and that's as simple as dragging the MAMP directory…to your trash can.…And then when you empty the trash,…you will have completely gotten rid…of everything having to do with the MAMP server.…When you reinstall MAMP,…you'll be starting with a completely new copy…and all of the settings will be back to their defaults.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.